1. In one Christmas play, Marcie was Mary. What was Peppermint Patty?
2. What character did Sally once confuse with the angel Gabriel, thereby
greatly disappointing the kid who had been cast in that role?
3a. You might have thought that after diligently rehearsing her line
``Hark!'' Sally would have gotten it right. But what did she say instead?
3b. Somebody was to sing after the line ``Hark!'' Who?
4. What did Linus suggest that he and Snoopy do instead of singing Jingle
[The jingle bell twist]
5a. ``We are here to tell you of a wondrous light...a wondrous light that
was a star. The wise men saw the star, and followed it from afar.''
The last line of this charming poem was delivered by Linus. What
[The star that shone at Bethlehem still shines for us today!]
5b. One year Linus protested that he could not remember his piece, until
he saw Lucy's fist, whereupon his memory suddenly improved. What
was the biblical passage in question?
[And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. (Luke 2:1)]
5c. Lucy once remarked sarcastically, ``Why didn't you just start with the
first chapter of Genesis while you were at it?'' What chapter of the
Bible had Linus actually been quoting from?
[The first chapter of Matthew]
6. Charlie Brown once ordered a Christmas gift for Sally's doll set. What
was the item and to whom was it mistakenly delivered?
[A doll-sized bicycle; it was delivered to Woodstock]
7. Who told Charlie Brown that he had ``this whole Santa Claus bit
8. What initially successful business venture terminated in bandages on
Charlie Brown's fingers and Snoopy's nose?
[Selling Christmas wreaths door-to-door]
9. ``I could be the head ME!'' Who?
10. Sally once wrote a daring letter, plunging ``into the teeth of the
storm,'' but later had doubts: ``Why can't a person ever be sure?''
What experiment was she performing?
[She was flouting Santa Claus to see if she would get Christmas presents anyway]