|Date:||Wed, 13 Apr 2011|
|From:||Elette Chantae Boyle|
|Subject:||Dustin Clausen @ SPAMS Tomorrow, 4-231, 5PM|
All right SPAMS people,
This week we have a special visitor. For the first time, PuMaGraSS's own Dustin
Clausen will be coming to educate one and all in the art of homotopy theory,
philosophy, and Bill Clinton.
Now even more reasons to attend:
5) Delicious Burmese food - no vulturing allowed until 7pm.
4) GQ says homotopy is the new skinny jeans.
3) Cross off "attend math seminar named after a canned meat product" from your
list of things to do before the age of 40.
2) We assure you that Justin Beiber will NOT be there.
1) Look, this talk has a YouTube clip *in its title.* I think our work here is
See you there!
- Elette & Jenn
Speaker: Dustin Clausen
Title: Being and Time and homotopy theory and
Abstract: We aim to show that homotopy theory is the appropriate tool for
modeling questions of identity. In Heideggerian terms, it is the
mathematical equivalent of Dasein.
Spamslist mailing list